WSIS Prizes 2017
WSIS Prizes is an international contest developed in response to requests from WSIS stakeholders to create an effective mechanism to evaluate and recognize individuals, governments, civil society, local, regional and international agencies, research institutions and private sector companies for outstanding success in implementing development-oriented strategies that leverage the power of ICTs. The WSIS Prizes contest is an integral part of the WSIS stocktaking process. The contest was held for the first time in 2012, and rapidly gained attention and popularity within the ICT for Development (ICT4D) community.
All WSIS Stakeholders are encouraged to submit their project descriptions to the WSIS Prizes contest.
The Contest of WSIS Prize 2017
FIVE PHASES OF THE CONTEST
1. The first phase: Submission phase 5 September 2016 – 15 February 2017 (Deadline for last submission: 23:00 CEST)
2. The second phase: Nomination Phase (review of submitted projects by the Expert Group that will result with a list of nominated projects) 16 February – 15 March 2017
3. The third phase: Public Online Voting of Nominated Projects (identification of five projects per category with the highest number of votes) 16 March – 15 April 2017 (Deadline for casting last vote: 23:00 CEST)
4. The fourth phase: Selection of Winning Projects by the Expert Group (list of winning projects) 16 April – 25 April 2017
5. The fifth phase: Public announcement of winners during WSIS Prize 2017 Ceremony at WSIS Forum 2017, and the release of publication “WSIS Stocktaking: Success Stories 2017”, which is a compilation of extended descriptions of the 18 projects and 72 champion projects.